Research & Information Specialist
Job title: Research & Information Specialist
Reports to Executive Director – Policy Division
Position Type: Full time
The successful candidate will be responsible for research associated with supporting the goals of the Organisation. They will need to utilise multiple streams of data, such as the internet, research databases, various documents, surveys and other published research to find and collate information for report purposes. The researcher will expedite all research related queries and projects and disseminate relevant analytics and insights to the head of the department, the various teams and management on a regular basis or according to deadlines.
Attributes and abilities
• Sample design
• Data collection brief
• Report writing and presentations
• Excellent communication ability, both written and oral
• Strong analytical and research capabilities
• Good characterization and investigative skill
• Preferably able to analyse both quantitative and qualitative data
• Organised and strategic thinker
• Lateral and logical thinker
• Goal orientated
• Independent and works to deadlines
• Adopts a proactive approach
• Ability to work under pressure and independently
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with various organisations, stakeholders etc.
Duties and responsibilities
This person should have good interpersonal and time management skills, strong intellect and problem-solving capabilities and have good functional and technical understanding of the research process and methodologies.
The Research & Information Specialist must:
• Provide input into various, concurrent large-scale research projects and present at a high level using both verbal and technological means
• Maintain a high level of academic integrity in research and be responsible for quality of own deliverables, double checking against all possible checks, before passing on, avoiding plagiarism
• Liaise and engage with various role players maintaining absolute confidentiality at all times.
• Assist in planning of research in terms of objectives, research design, modelling and analytics, solutions and methodologies
• Identify critical issues in assigned fields of focus and develop expertise in these areas
• Analysing and interpreting tables, transcripts and outputs in line with project objectives
• Compilation of data and evidence gathered into comprehensive and concise reports.
• Factual report writing, ensuring integrity and relevance
• Prepare, maintain, summarise and update research databases and outputs
• Perform a wide variety of research field work preparation tasks, including making detailed observations, assistance in data analysis, excellent information retrieval skills for collection of supporting literature from a range of sources.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in research project design and management
• Project briefing and timing
• Analytical and research capabilities with professional skills in scientific writing and citing of work
• Strong information organisational skills, with attention to detail
• An eye for detail with the ability to detect or analyse documentation for possible areas of risk of maladministration and corruption
• Masters’ Qualification in a related field, with a strong research component
• Proficient in various information management tools and technologies
• Effective time and project management skills
Main Office: Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview within 21 days of submission. Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of our acknowledgement of receipt of your CV, please accept that your application will not have met with our approval to go through to the next round of the interview process.
Kindly complete the Predictive Index assessment after submitting a copy of your CV